Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Garden of the Seasons: Big World, Little Me

 
Little, Big

Too big for golden dreams, too many golden hills, 

stunning views at each new bend of the trail,

a field theory of vantage points

Too many long looks

too far above, beyond me, all so little now

 

Where are the little words to hold the big moments?

A little life: a forever mountain range sculpted by the glaciers and all those millions of years 

in which Earth dreamed itself up,

the slow grind of time 

I get as big as I can,

imagine as much, see as far an ocular nerve routed to a brain cell can manage

I can't do it, I can't cut it down to size

It's out there still, larger than life, the place and time I can only be

as anyone can,

and come up short: little me, Big World












No comments:

Post a Comment