Sunday, January 16, 2022

I'm an Amazon Author: The Big Book Seller Has Given Me a Window in its Mega-Store

 


I am an "Amazon author." This and a nickel, as folks used to say, will get you on the subway. I'm not sure what the subway costs these days (in my city, or yours), but it's probably a lot more. And I'm hoping that a little exposure by a GREAT BIG COMPANY will gain me a few readers.

The opportunity to provide a "bio" on my author's site elicited this confession about the origins of "House Stories," my new book of linked short stories published by Adelaide Books of NYC:

The book’s Southern Connecticut setting, the main characters and some of the stories are based on my own experiences as a recent Yale grad with absolutely no desire to fit into “the real world,” yet needing, like almost everyone else, to make some dough.

Here's the link Author's Page

Amazon, of course, also posts "House Stories" for sale, in a paperback or ebook edition, on its own page. 

Here's the link to the book House Stories  

So far, I am delighted to report -- and grateful to the Amazon readers who have given the book all stars. 

Here's the reader's review that I like best:

"I could not resist the urge to begin this review with the expression “Bravo!” While certainly deserving of this time-honored collective acknowledgment of an outstanding literary performance, more importantly, Robert Knox’s linked short stories struck me as a collected work of profound literary and personal bravery.

"The stories unfold over a period of two intensely social and politically charged years bridging the end of the drug-fueled late sixties through the dawning of the paradoxical early seventies. With brutal honesty and poignant narration, we meet the “us,” a rolling cast of thinkers, artists, dreamers, schemers, and doers who shared or found an affinity with others in the Whitney Road farmhouse in southern Connecticut, each of whom Bob reveals with a depth of meticulous attention to the nuances of physical and metaphysical observations as good or better than the reader will find anywhere in contemporary literature. The dialogue and surrounding narrative context: crisp, clear and authentic, often embraced the poetic. Tear-provoking poetic."

Of course I like it -- what's not to like? 

And this one as well. 

"A wonderful collection of linked stories, emotionally insightful, politically astute, gorgeously written!"

If you get a copy of "House Stories: and like what you read, please don't hesitate to join my book's pool of reviewers. Just jump right in -- so far the water's warm. 





No comments:

Post a Comment